Thursday, December 13, 2007

Pay It Forward

I may have found a blog doppleganger (well, without the cynicsm...and the alcoholic tendencies). And, she is doing a pay it forward gift exchange. Per her rules (the first three commenters get a handmade gift), she is going to send me a gift. I think that we have to get her my address, but I was commenter #3!
http://omly.blogspot.com/2007/12/pay-it-forward.html

In turn, I am doing it too:
I hereby pledge to send a handmade gift to the first three people who comment on this entry. No real promises about time frame, but it’ll be within the next 365 days. In return, you have to post the same offer on your blog, and prepare to send a gift to three other people.

this really goes with my theme this x-mas, make it yourself gifts. My entire family is restricted to make it yourself gifts, and my friends and I are even doing a gift exchange next week on the theme. By the way, if you are one of those people, your gift may be 2/3 complete and 1/3 1/3 of the way there. figure out for yourself what the hell that means :)

5 comments:

wb said...

That's funny because Jobonga, The Moderatilist, the Nerdess, and I are doing an eBay Secret Santa. Which is sort of the opposite of gifting make-it-yourselfs.

Jobonga said...

Ooooh, make mine better than wb's. Two gifts coming to me so far.

DarcyM said...

I am now also invading your blogosphere if it means I get something homemade! Do you make pickles?

wb said...

Wait, I have a question. I've been waiting to ask it until after the 3-comment quota has been reached on someone's post. Namely: if you are a 1st-3rd commenter on more than one blog [Darcy and Joanna, you know who I'm talking about], doesn't that mean that you have to pay-it-forward more than once? Otherwise you're cheating the system. And god will punish you for that. Or, alternatively, I may not make you anything.

Lucia said...

I don't know how to moderate this...
but yes Darcy, I make pickles. I just picked up a book this fall called the Joy of Pickling. What have you dreamed of getting pickled?