Monday, November 5, 2007

worm bin progress check

Some good news on the worm bin front -
A) I got a bin - Menards (the place where I am sure I will find my first ex-husband) had a sale. I got orange and black 25 gallon bins for 3.99. What do I care if my worm bin is black with an orange top? It will always remind me of the time of year that I started my first bin.

B) I found myself some worms and some dirt in the backyard. I realize that these are just average earthworms, but they are a starter set and I will get some redworms the next time I pass a bait shop.

I haven't put it all together yet, but possibly tonight.

Good news on my permanent compost pile - I was going to wait for spring, but I was doing yard clean up yesterday and there is a lot of good brown and green stuff in my yard. I figure that I better do it now. So, at Menards, I bought posts and lathe to make a box. R has volunteered to help out as I am having a few design challenges. And, I think that my spot is too shady. But I already have so much piled in there. Do you think that sunshine is vital? I must do more research. Will it do it if I just cover the whole thing with a black tarp?

Other wonderfulness from Menards -
1) a Yard Cart. Like a wheelbarrow but more capacity, less likely to tip and spill all the sticks down the hill (not that that happens to me every time I use is or anything) AND it has clippies for rakes and other long handled tools that you need to haul from the bottom of the hill to the back yard.
2) Something else that was super fabulous, but I am keeping it a secret until I get it all set up and I can take a picture.
3) Primer for the bedrooms - I am painting this week
4) copies of keys! yippee! 11Frogs, I have a set for you all ready with that freakin book that I need to return to you.

2 comments:

Thomas said...

Is the secret thing a hammock? It's a hammock, isn't it? I knew it.

11frogs said...

A Canadian banana hammock, perchance? I can't wait to meet your worms.