Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving drama continues

So, you have already read about how my Thanksgiving began. A deer to the car and a night in the Newton, IA Econolodge. But, how did it end? I will tell you, not well, not well at all.
Initially things were looking up, the Econolodge offered a hot breakfast on Thanksgiving morning. I didn't partake of any of the toast (does this really count? come on!), but I did get a big mug of coffee. And, surprisingly that coffee was delicious. really! such an unexpected surprise.
but, don't fear, the Casey's that I hit between Des Moines and KC had some rot gut stuff that ruined my delicious Econolodge coffee high.
Thursday went fine, my brother and sister didn't arrive until late, so my mother and I had frozen pizza for dinner.
Friday was to be our big meal day - so my sister and I head to the store (remember my mother's leg is brokedy broke). We get all of our dinner goodies and head out to the parking lot. I am telling her the story of the deer that hit me while I back out. I spot another car backing out across the aisle and stop my car, that car then runs into me!
My sister hops out of the car all feisty and looking for a fight. I am laughing so hard I can't even put the car in park. the man that hit me is old and driving a gold Camry. A guy in a car that was waiting for our spots pulls up yelling out of his car window, "I saw the whole thing and could see it happening! I knew it was going to happen." To which the old man responds, "Why didn't you honk then?!" My sister and random man in car simultaneously yell that he was honking.
Meanwhile I pull my car back into the spot and get out. Apparently (per my sister) I get out and flap my arms saying, "Well, you fucking hit me. I was just sitting there and you fucking hit me!" (When my sister reinacts it, it is funny) - anyhow, I am writing down the guy's info and he says, wow, you got a lot of damage, I didn't get any at all. I look at his car and point out that the bumper is torn on one side. He says, "oh, I got that delivering Meals On Wheels".
Later, my sister tells some random person in the store (we had to go back in b/c we forgot to buy stamps) that she wanted to scream at him that we don't care if Jesus loves him for doing good stuff, he just hit us, in fact, perhaps he should ask jesus to drive him around, since jesus could do a better job. It was a funny rant.
Here is a reinactment of my sister angrily popping out of the car after the man hits us.

the top picture is of the old man damage since it is hard to see in the shot with my sister. In case you are having a tough time keeping track of the damage to my car and the different accidents: the tail light and quarterpanel bit is from the deer, the door part is the old man doing.

PS there has been some question of the status of the deer. I can only tell you that it was a doe, and she ran off. I am betting that she was maimed or has subsequently died.

3 comments:

loud said...

I want to see the flapping arms re-enactment.

Lucia said...

I should make a video...

Jobonga said...

Now I'm going to have to cry about that deer.