Monday, November 26, 2007

My pledge to you - the United States of America

Once again, I am participating in Essay Tuesday just a bit late.

The topic:

share the speech you would give to try to win the Miss America pageant. It can be a free form "personal statement" sort of thing, or a response to a question that the panel of celebrity, leering judges might ask.

Here is my speech:

America, if you name me Miss America, I pledge that I will: bring joy to those around me with my smile, tackle tough issues plaguing our country like dogs in sweaters and ugly babies with vigorous discussion and criticism, share my opinions on a regular basis whether you are listening or not, and smile benevolently upon old women in lipstick and high heels.


Here is a photo of me at my desk practicing my wave and smile, picture me in a ball gown instead of the Georgia Tech jacket.

1 comment:

loud said...

I think your ga tech jacket makes you look like a winner already!