Wednesday, November 21, 2007

finally - a world of Lucias!

The essay topic two weeks ago was: A world composed of people just like me

I decided to frame my essay in terms of Advancements - or lack thereof - that my world would have. I got the advancements from my extensive research into the way that the world develops - playing Civilization III.

  • I am not mechanically intuitive, so we are probably going to be significantly behind in mechanical advancements - no one on the moon, cars might exist, but they would be primitive, and heck, we might not have i-pods.
  • I do well at science and math, so we might have modern medicine, we might have developed calculus, we would likely have all the scientific progress that we have now
  • Writing and printing - I assume that I would do fine with this - we might not have printed the bible first though.
  • Religion - I hope that we would have moved right through the whole religion thing, hopefully a world full of me would be atheist.
  • Art - we wouldn't be doing good with art. I have no creativity, no color intelligence, and couldn't write a poem to save my life. I like two and three dimensional art, so perhaps we still might have some, but they wouldn't be near as good as the art of today. - there wouldn't be a poem and I am sure all music would suck.
  • Government/Economics - I have no idea what our economy or government would be like…I would probably be a bad dictator and a bad monarch, so we would have to move to communism or democracy fairly quickly.

Overall personality of the people: I am intense, so likely everyone will be opinionated, loud, frantic at times and there will be large swings in everyone's emotional status all the time.

This is probably not a world I would want to live in... I like other people's personalities and attributes.

No comments: