Friday, August 17, 2007

Risk worth great pictures

Once upon a time I was on a trip that centered around drinking and hopeful debauchery. I brought my two week old digital camera. A guy on the trip (already heavy into said trip activities) broke his camera. I lent him mine. My camera got broke too.

While this may seem like a sad story, it is not.
1) viva la warranty! (and buying it at a local shop that can ship off said camera and print out a new copy of the reciept I lost)
2) his pictures on my camera were retrieved. and, they were so much better than mine.

He just takes an awesome picture. I don't know how he does it. But, I was reminded of this from his blog post today in which he recounts a recent trip:
Check out this travel journalism ability.

You don't even have to know these people. The whole darn thing seems so fun.
I wish that he and I were closer so I got to go on more trips with him where he took pictures of me.

1 comment:

wb said...

I'm really glad that this actually turned out well. There were a lot of opportunities for it not to do so. Mainly centering around the two cameras that I broke in under 24 hours, but also that turkey leg. That also could have gone sour. Plus, I really like my new camera. It's red. And we already have our next tripped planned. Two in 2 months, this could be a turning point in our relationship.