Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Here is how my home improvement projects go:
  1. I get an idea.
  2. Someone offers to help or I recruit someone to help me.
  3. This person helps me, but I am unhappy with their work or they don't let me help
  4. I get angry - often unproportionately angry to the situation. (side note - unproportionately isn't a word in the dictionary)
  5. I usually kick the person out of my house.
  6. I am forced to ignore the unfinished project until the anxiety and frustration leaves me.
  7. I wait with the project incomplete.
  8. Finally a solution to the botched job occurs to me.
  9. I complete it on my own.
  10. It turns out great.
  11. I wonder why I asked for/accepted help in the first place.

This pattern was followed with the showerhead mix-up, the caulk tape incident, a week long floor refinishing debacle, and then most recently with my new BBQ grill.

However, you will be glad to know that I finally completed the floor refinishing. And, as step 10 indicates, it turned out beautiful. I am so proud. The bed (coming around Sept 13) will be put onto the new floor.

And, hard to see, but that is my bedroom floor. the hallway in the foreground has not been refinished.


June 2007 378

Here is one of my new lightswitches. It was made by my friend Wintergypsy.
June 2007 375

And, here is my brother putting together my new grill. This picture is taken about 10 minutes before we got into a massive screaming match and I tried to make him leave.
June 2007 127

2 comments:

loud said...

Yeah, you gotta let stuff go if you get people to help you. No one does a good a job fixing up things that they don't own.

Same goes for moving.

11frogs said...

Unless you pay them. Then there's a better chance they'll do a good job :)