Thursday, August 2, 2007

Average Walkability

www.walkscore.com

here is the deal, you put your address into this website and they calculate, based on all of the amenities within walking distance, your home's walkability score.

my house got a 52 out of 100. This is in the "you could do some of your activites by walking, but you probably have to have a car" category. However, I don't actually walk anywhere at this point (bad Lucia). I do want to point out though that I am on average home two days each week. If that.

Nevertheless, you should check the website out, pretty nifty.

3 comments:

Sleep late... dream more. said...

I got a 40... though note that this program is pretty literal,..... my parent's live on the bank of the mississippi river and when i put in their address, they got a higher score than I did... but it included things across the river w/out calculating the actual mileage to use the interstate bridge to get across... also... let's pause to think about how it would be to walk across an interstate bridge that's ~1 mile long... hmmm... not fun. not fun at all.


but hey - it's still a pretty cool website!

11frogs said...

Current address = 94. New address = 78. Nice.

loud said...

Mine was 49 - I figure Woodman's being in my backyard was the biggest winner for me. I also think I'm closer to the closest bars than sleep late, so probably some points there.