Monday, July 2, 2007

weekend without posting

I didn't post all weekend. Besides meaning that I didn't actually open up my computer all weekend (which is often a delightful thing), I was busy!
Tonight I am throwing a barbeque for about 30-40 people and Wednesday for about 10, so I had to get the place into shape.
On Saturday I not only went to the farmers market and out that night to crash a wedding, I picked all the weeds in my backyard, planted some zinnias I bought at said farmers market, and took a 3 hour nap. whew, what a day.
On Sunday - I slept in till 9 (what a wild gal I am) and then went out to rid the front yard of weeds. This was no small task and took me until 2pm. Honestly, there is still a patch that didn't get done, but we are going to act like that was on purpose to give some color. I even swept my driveway. -Side Note: I hate the guy down the street that uses a blower on his driveway. One, it is noise pollution, but also, think of the fossil fuel usage! As I spent 30 minutes using what was an ill advised broom choice (one of those long push brooms, but old with the prime pushing days behind it), I felt superior to him. Same goes for the snow shoveling the winter and my reel style push mower. I tell myself I am getting a workout AND being good to the environment!
A certain exboyfriend had offered to come over and help me with yard work on Sunday, but he never showed. and he never called. I was pissed yesterday and today I am vacilating between angry and concerned that he is dead in his house.
Since he never came, I had to do the tasks that I planned for him - including shopvac-ing the back porch, watering the back lawn and new flowers, carrying garbage and recycling down to the basement, planting those coleuses that I bought at a farmers market two weeks ago (they look great by the way), and trimming some bushes.
I forgot, I also picked up dog poop. Did I tell you about my Doggie Dooley? I don't think so, but that is for another post. This one is long enough.
So, no surprise, I fell into bed at 8pm. I was tired and had a 6am call today with a customer.
I am tired and yet still behind in my work!

No comments: