Tuesday, July 10, 2007

fitting room conversations

Funny thing happened to me on this business trip. I realized that I had only packed one shirt. hmph. one pair of pants (as long as they aren't too distinctive) can get you through three days on site, but one shirt will NOT do!
So, I went to Target (my options at 9pm in Dayton are pretty limited) - and tried on every combination of shirts I could come up with (of course, only 6 at a time).
While I was in the fitting room I was treated to one of the worst fitting room conversations ever. The attendant was on the phone. It went sort of like this (loudly, with a southern Ohio accent)
Did you check your car?
you are so in trouble!
All of it has to be either in the house or the car. it has to because you weren't any where else.
Did you check your blue purse, cause when I was in your car I moved it over and I thought it seemed really bulky
at this point - I am a bit curious - what is it that her friend lost? cell phone? money/wallet? something more exciting?
oh my god, I can't believe you lost all of your eye makeup! What are you going to do?

yep, that is right. I have shortened it for you, but believe me, I listened to 18 garments worth of Jenni-the-girl-who-mans-the-Target-fitting-room discuss missing eye makeup with her friend.
Oh, I don't want to whine and tell you the entire 3 runs of 6 garments each was devoted solely to eye makeup. It was interspersed with Jenni taking Target store calls, routing them nowhere, then bitching to her friend when the people called back.

1 comment:

11frogs said...

I hope you at least got a new shirt ...