Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I can feel you cringing when I call

Yes, that is right. I know when I call you at your work phone that you cringe when you hear my voice. It is okay. I am a bitch on wheels at work and often I am in that frazzled place where my voice turns low and I try to make it as cold as possible.
So, I just want you to know that I know, and when I am not mad I try to be light and happy on the phone so that you don't feel bad any more.
When I called you just now, I could tell that you wish you would have left for lunch just 2 minutes earlier. But it wasn't so bad, was it? I just needed a question answered and you gave me an answer.
thank you! have a great lunch!

PS of course I am not holding it against you in my mind that you are going out for lunch, you are behind in your work and I ate mine at my desk. no, no! of course I don't tuck that little factoid away to feed my rage the next time you miss a date or screw me in front of the customer.

3 comments:

KittyWithClaws said...

This is a hilarious post :)

11frogs said...

You are the people I used to send directly to voicemail in my last few months of disgruntled employment :) I had to work up to my "Yes, I give a shit" voice sometimes.

Sleep late... dream more. said...

hey. whatever happened to posting every day? I need something reliable in my blogosphere and you're letting me down. boo.

(PS - that's a well hidden compliment- i really enjoy reading your posts and want more! :)