Monday, July 30, 2007

Being the drunken depth meter

I will most more of an "all about Wisconsin River canoeing" post on the WI Roaming blog.

This one is about me and personal contemplations resulting from the trip.

Question: am I the drunk one?

When Vavra drank rum mixed with blue kool-aid for hours upon hours and then spoke in tongues around the campfire, his drunkenness was described as such: "Vavra, you were as drunk as Lucia"
I thought to myself, that isn't the first time that was said.
Do I really get the drunkest? Consistently?
Is that the worst thing in the world?
I am not really the drunken crier. that is a good thing.
I am not the angry drunk. Also good.
I have not contracted a disease in my drunkenness, and I have only hurt myself a couple times.
So, is being the drunkest a good thing or a bad thing? Someone has to do it... and typically people don't tell me to slow down. It has been since the Kank that someone told me to keep drinking though...
I chalk that up to the crowd. Completely different thoughts on drunkenness. also, in college and in the Kank, I was not known as the drunk point of reference. So, perhaps my drinking isn't different, rather I hang out with a different crowd.

Clearly, this isn't my problem, it is my friends' problem.

2 comments:

loud said...

You have occaisionally been the druken crier. You have not always been "the drunkest" and you are not always "the drunkest" - but maybe, for this period of time in our lives, you are quite often "the drunkest". Hold on though, because I think I may becoming a functioning alcoholic myself.

11frogs said...

I have also definitely taken my turn as the drunkest. And as the drunken crier. I find that my drinking patterns are pretty seasonal. In the summer, I drink more often but less quantity per sitting (couple times a week, 1-3 drinks at a time). In the winter, I tend to drink less often but more at once (couple times a month, lotsa drinks at a time). Maybe I drink enough to cool me down in the summer, but enough to warm up in the winter.