Monday, July 9, 2007

a morning post because nothing was produced this weekend, and then perhaps an evening post as well.

Random thoughts from my weekend:
  • Do other people laugh out loud when they are alone? I do. But, my mental voice is funny.
  • Big Brother 8 - shaping up to be the mindless addiction of the summer - Hell's Kitchen you let me down and you have been replaced.
  • I don't own one thing I would take to Antiques Roadshow.
  • Per one of my Princeton podcasts - don't try to debate the creationists, they don't play by the rules of science.
  • I should get John Cheever's Big Red Book of Stories - after hearing a short story called Reunion on my New Yorker Fiction podcast.
  • How best to affix a hose hangar to the exterior of my house? long screws I guess. will try next weekend when it isn't seventy million degrees and humid.
  • By far the best yard and garden supply store in the Madison area is The Bruce Company. It is far away from me in Middleton, but after unfulfilling trips to local nurseries I finally found all the supplies I could want, arranged in a logical fashion, and with many check out areas so that I don't have to wait for 30 minutes to buy two bags of compost. Congrats Bruce Company, I am hard to impress.
  • Furniture - I went idea shopping. I have a lot of furniture to buy as I don't have many pieces. The unfortunate thing is that the things I had to have, I already have. sigh.
  • I should have gone clothes shopping as I determined this morning I had absolutely NOTHING to wear all week to work.

1 comment:

loud said...

I laugh out loud when I'm alone...it's funnier when I'm alone but in public though.