Friday, June 29, 2007

cat poisoning drama

Winter Gipsy has several links on her blog. I like to check them out. links are like side roads while you driving without a time limit. Explore them and see where you end up.


Any how, I clicked one and got here.
I read them, they are very good.
Then, I started to read the comments. It turns out that this one causes all sort of reader anger.
Should it?
The rationale of many of the nasty comments is that how could someone with a pet they love poison it.
I don't know, I like cats and I don't want to crucify this person. If it said dogs I wouldn't be more upset and I love my two dogs (did you see the cute dog pic post?).
I seems like the commenting crowd (that are amassing pitchforks and torches) should calm down for the following reasons:
1) it might not be true. it seems untrue.
2) lending credence to number 1, how do you force a cat to drink anything? let alone bleach.
3) the cat didn't die. or at least that isn't indicated here. It would be a bigger secret if he/she killed their cat to see the vet.
4) having just noticed that the mouse I tried to poison ate some tulip bulbs of mine I put down more poison. If that kills the mouse should I be sad? maybe I should force it to drink bleach instead of green chunk poison bait.
But, I will say that I don't understand the level of the action. There are less drastic things that can be done to a cat to get the vet's attention. poisoning is stupid. some ipecac and that is going to be over. go with allergies, that means you have to bring the cat back in again.
this person wasn't very smart, but worth burning at the stake? perhaps not.

No comments: