Monday, June 11, 2007

A great day

my first day back from vacation - what a great day! (I hope the italics convey all the of the sarcasm and anger I feel)

I get to work at 7am
I can't get a single thing to print in TDS
I foolishly attempt to upgrade my computer to 07. Warning to all of you - this takes me over an hour and then my Outlook won't boot up when I am offline (which I discover as I head off on my trip)
I forget my credit card at home
I still have my debit card, but my bank account is mysteriously ridiculously low which I find out when,
I get stuck in Cincinnati unable to get a rental car
- did you know that Avis can't run a debit card more than once per 24 hr period of time? even when you have the bank clear the charge?
I spend 120 bucks on a cab from Cincinnati to Dayton.
I work for 5 more hours in my hotel room, one hour of which is waiting for Outlook to download all of my settings which I can only hope will make it work offline now.

The saddest moment in the day though is when I nearly start crying while I walk forlornly across the Avis parking lot back to the terminal bound bus because I can't get a rental car.

1 comment:

loud said...

Awww...come over and we'll have a beer when you get back!