Thursday, June 21, 2007

Lucia's thoughts on bugs

  1. The worst bug: Silverfish
  2. Killing an ant with Raid - very horrible to watch. I did it last night and I am traumatized. It wandered about in agony, oh I am just going to stop there, when it gets caught in the dog hair dustbunny it gets real awful and I don't want you guys to have nightmares.
  3. My screened porch - the door doesn't close right, so I propped it open. This is fine except that bugs seem to wander in and then get stuck in the Northeast corner. (why that corner? The door is in the Southeast corner, why can't they make it over there?)
  4. The bugs in the screened porch are slightly annoying, sure. And they defeat the purpose of a screened in porch. But, the biggest problem came yesterday when there were butterflies and butterfly corpses in the screened in porch
  5. It is sad that a Monarch butterfly flew all the way from Mexico just to die in the Northeast corner of my screenporch.
  6. I am pretty bad at catching butterflies. But I did it. Twice. Two butterflies are now out and about in the community thanks to me.
  7. One has a little less of one wing, but it does have a chance.
  8. Did I mention silverfish are the worst bugs? Not that I have ever had a cockroach in my house. Or lived in Texas or Florida where they have all sort of horrible giant bugs. But still.

Related note, there was a mouse outside my house that G was chasing around. I put out a big huge bait chunk in a place the dogs couldn't get to. I checked yesterday and can't find said bait chunk. Could a green chunk of poison really taste that good?
Also, the poison said that it kills Warfarin Resistant Norway Rats. I am horrified by that phrase Warfarin Resistant Norway Rats. I want to google it, but I don't want to read what I find.

1 comment:

loud said...

Worst bug, flying mutant cricket; close second, gigantic flying cockroach. There are many more advantages than just beautiful summers to living in the MidWest.