Monday, October 29, 2007

Essay Tuesday - my favorite possession

Perhaps this essay should be hard. But for me it wasn't at all.

When the New Orleans hurricane happened and then again during the California fires I had absolutely no question about what I would take - my dogs.

I will not pick one of them as my single favorite possession. This is like asking parents to pick a favorite child.


Perhaps pets shouldn't count in this essay topic or as possessions. I am sure that Loud would rerank her favorite possession immediately if pets were considered. I don't care. I don't want any of my other stuff.

After writing this blog I wanted to cry with sadness that I don't get to spend more time with them and that I haven't seen them in over a week. The mention of tragedies where people lose their pets made me even sadder. This is why I don't run the dryer when the dogs are home but I am not, if there was a fire they would die. very sad thoughts.



I need to be a bit more lighthearted in this post, it shouldn't end on a sad note. So, I thought to myself, what possession besides the dogs elicits glee inside of me every time I use it or think about it...

my blue spatula.
This is what my spatula looks like, except that mine has this mysterious chip out of the flat end. I blame this chip on my brother, but no wrong doing has ever been proven.
This spatula is silicon, so you can use it in the frying pan without it melting. and it is perfectly sized. for everything.
thinking about this kitchen implement of mine makes me smile.




1 comment:

loud said...

My cats were actually the first thing that came to mind - was even the first draft of my essay.