Saturday, October 6, 2007

Dispatches from a Go-Live - day 6 of being live

(my first post from my email – we will see how it turns out)

Good news and bad news:

Good news –

1) it is the weekend, so it is quiet (the command center is scary calm for 9am – all week there have been people everywhere, and frantic running about)

2) the CIO isn’t here asking me what she can do to help – umm, honestly, you aren’t going to be able to help work down the 137 security issues or the 206 ADT issues, and the best thing you can do right now is quit coming up to me every 15 minutes or so and asking what you can do. 

3) I have a tally going of my personal happiness distribution – thus far I have taken five people on the verge of tears, solved their problems personally, and then sent them out of the command center smiling and telling me Thank you so much! – also, they tell me that the distribution of happiness they can promise is 75 other users. So, I am doing well.

4) Thus far I haven’t killed anyone, and I think that most people who hated me still hate me, but I don’t think I have any new people that hate me.

5) there have been some great quotes – the CIO said in the shift turnover meeting: on Monday the wait time was so long we lost three patients in the waiting room.   – I said: Currently, it was decided before go live…  - the HIM AM said: (sitting with Director after he just gave the go ahead to run a utility to convert thousands of charts to a different numbering scheme) – oh, it is about to run, this is so scary! 

6) On Thursday and Friday the wait times in the main registration dept were below historical average, and they were down two registrars. Awesome.

7) I am actually holding up nicely, nothing after the little crying incident on that first 14-15 hour shift.

8) Coding is doing so well they are sending people home early – and they are on schedule thus far… this is unheard of in the HIM world.

 

Bad News –

1)      This is the 13th day straight that I have been working on site.

2)      I am not done until next Thursday – which will then be 18 days straight of working on site.

3)      I can just feel it, the billing AM is going to blame their issues on me… we are working hard to clean up any errors, but I can still feel it looming.

 

I will keep you posted.

 

No comments: