Thursday, February 21, 2008

notes from the airport

Airports are odd places to be. It is even more odd since they don't allow people in here unless they have a ticket. and aren't on the TSA list.
Some of these people have to be on the list. I just know it.

other thoughts:
airport bathroom stalls - I can not gracefully exit a small bathroom stall at the airport with my roller bag and backpack. I get in there fine, but then I have to do some crazy leg manuevering to get the door open (it opens in, invariably) and get the suitcase out. 9 times out of 10 I end up straddling the toilet and my calves touch it. yuck. plus, I then have to sort of shove my bag out of the stall first. If anyone has any suggestions for better ways to execute this manuever I am open for suggestions.

open letter to the Chinese people gathered around a computer in front of me:
Hi, I want you to enjoy your time in the Milwaukee airport. I do. But, I also want to NOT have to listen to your DVD play on your computer. They are "personal computers" for a reason, we all don't want to listen to it. Buy some of those headphones with splitters.
Cell phone technology has progressed to the point where you don't have to shout. But, I understand why you thought you needed to shout given the crazy noises coming from your DVD playing on your laptop. Pause works on laptops too.
Just saying!
Lucia.

1 comment:

loud said...

Yeah, I get annoyed when people don't seem to observe my personal sound space...I then reflect upon the fact that I often to not observe others personal sound space, so I guess I can't get mad.

Like once you have a baby you are no longer annoyed by crying babies in public.