Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Dog person

Loud just posted about the discrimination against cat people: http://tootwisted.blogspot.com/2008/02/cat-people.html

I have to be honest, I have the same bias against cat people.
I once saw a guy that had a cat. I used this as an example of how he was not well suited for me. Aren't single guys with cats odd? I think so. - hold on a second. I seem to remember two men with cats. neither lasted long.

Single girls with cats are perceived poorly as well. It is that whole spinster mythology. If a girl has a cat she is immediately pictured at home alone with her cat, eating a pint of HaagenDaz in the glow of her TV.

This made me think - what about single girls with two dogs? I like to think my dogs make me more attractive. why?
1) I go to places with the dogs and they attract attention from others to me - this means I meet more men. - not that I have ever met a man at a dog park or vet's office or anything. I would like to though.
2) My dogs are trained. This proves that I have control over my life and the ability to exercise discipline. I don't know how this is attractive to men. a certain type of guy maybe.
3) I seem outdoorsy because of my dogs. Once again, perhaps this is just a certain type of guy.
4) men like dogs. mine are very lovable, so if the guy falls in love with my dog he will fall in love with me.

Unfortunately, while compiling the above list I thought of a lot more reasons my dogs make me attractive to a lesbian.

at least when I say I have two dogs people don't picture a spinster. They might imagine me a lesbian, but I don't care. Men like lesbians.

5 comments:

Thomas said...

I wouldn't call myself neither a cat or dog person. that said, cats really have no personality, and in my experience cat people have either no personality or too much.

You don't see movies focusing on kids with cats or the struggle of cats to get home. There's no equivalent to Air Bud or Beethoven.

wb said...

I like cats. Not that I don't like dogs, but I would classify myself as a cat person. I enjoy how they act like they don't like me during the day, but at night will come and sleep in my bed with me. But only for a little while. Then they get up and go do something else. This is basically how I wish all of my relationships worked.

loud said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
loud said...

I feel like your post proves my point.

Sleep late... dream more. said...

for some reason, i'm really sad that there's a deleted comment and I missed it..... i figure it must have been a really good one....