Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Day 8 Wed - how to Party Bus Again!

Breakfast – 2, Lunch –3, Dinner –4

Missed Carb Opportunities:

·          Today is my travel home day. Sometimes my dinner on the trip back is whatever the NWA Worldclub offers. They don’t have a wide variety – string cheese, cheddar cheese, crackers, cookies (I think these cookies are hard and not worth my carb-lust), and fruit. I had three string cheese and one cheddar cheese. They stopped carrying the really good cheddar cheese (Cabot – from Vermont, but still delightful), the new stuff is just so-so.  

·         The Worldclub does have a nice cappuccino machine. But milk is high in carbs.

Interesting things for you to know:

I discovered this website: www.Stickk.comthe gimmick is that you make a commitment and then you also put money down on it. You can choose to pledge money to a charity that you don’t want to donate to, or a foe (you can also give money to a charity you like or a friend). If you don’t report in every week or don’t meet your week’s goal they send a part of your money to the pledge. If you make it to the end of your pledge they send your money back to you. – This seems like a better way to do these challenges. Rather than reporting out to you, maybe we should put money on it.

I was thinking that I might continue this carb limiting thing and put up some money to be used for a party bus adventure if I don’t make it… perhaps others would be willing to do so as well? We could have a large party bus fund if everyone found something they wanted to commit to (and failed, but let’s not mention the failure part). If we make it, then we have the party bus adventure to celebrate (and we get our money back from Stickk to pay for it!)

2 comments:

11frogs said...

I'm game. I need to get from 0 to 13 miles in the the next three months, so I'm going to need some good motivation to roll my ass outta bed in the morning until it gets nice out.

11frogs said...

How'd the rest of the carb days go? You're done now, right?