Thursday, January 3, 2008

What to buy your dad's girlfriend

let's just say it - my dad has a girlfriend named Rita. who wears blue eyeshadow.

She is pretty good at taking care of him and that is what he needs. She is only minorly nasty to me and my sister. To my brother she is a bit more mean, but hey, as we have discovered on this blog, he might deserve it.

Once a year I have to buy her a present. sigh. Luckily I have no idea when her birthday is... so it is only for x-mas that this happens.
I never know what to get for her. And, typically the present buying falls to me as I have the most money out of my siblings. Once or twice I think my sister carried the load. I doubt my brother has ever bought her anything.
One year we got her a foot massage bath thing, last year a gift certificate for a massage. I can't seem to recall any other years. The gifts must have been less than stellar.

Anyhow, it is now four days from the appointed x-mas with my father/Rita and I have a concept for my father (gifts from Wisconsin - mustard, cheese, sausage, etc), but no idea for Rita.

2 comments:

KittyWithClaws said...

Spandex leggings to go with the blue eyeshadow?
Or, really, you can't go wrong with a hodgepodge of little sample size bath treats (like from www.yvesrocherusa.com or something) and just package it all pretty. That's pretty much always one of the things I get my Mom for xmas, and she finds it fun.

Sleep late... dream more. said...

custom jewelry from your artist friend ;)