Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I am not a political geek, but I do like it

I am sitting here in a Courtyard (the new year apparently brings me an unwelcome change in the hotel and airline that I am forced to use....gnnnrrr) in Dayton, OH watching CNN and doing much fist pumping, a little jumping, and a lot of excited wiggling in my chair since Hillary is winning in New Hampshire.
I was excited all day long about this primary.
I have been monitoring the race for months now. 11Frogs said that she doesn't pay any attention until a month before Wisconsin's primary - I would never be able to do that. The excitement of the entire thing is over by mid January.

I am mostly excited about Hillary's lead because - how exactly did she do it? After Iowa (and her loss to Obama) there was much frustration in the Clinton camp and discussion of the frustration in the media. It seemed that they were angry and suprised by the turn of events.
In the last two days that has come through - Bill Clinton has even made angry rants about how the media has unfairly targeted Hillary, but neglected to ask the same tough questions to the other candidates.
My interest is - did that help? Does that put those questions into peoples' minds? What does help? How do you manipulate the opinions of large groups of people?
I can't help it, I am giddy tonight. How fun.

4 comments:

David said...

I had to comment on this one. You're a Hillary supporter too?! I was so excited tonight! I thought everyone I knew was in the Obama camp.

Courtyard - eww

loud said...

I just love a close race. Plus, it would be awesome if "I" were president.

What's the airline change?

Lucia said...

I do like Hillary and I was so thrilled!

NWA to Midwest.

Sara said...

I am so strongly in favor of Hillary. I never paid attention to the political process until this election. I see it as a battle of intelligence versus a lot of rhetoric targeted to simpletons who think hope can magically make things happen. And I am surprised and appalled that our generation doesn't put a higher value on intelligence.