Tuesday, January 29, 2008

explanation - 30 for 30

I made my new little counter over there on the right, but I never explained.
There are some things you need to know about my life...
1) I dislike my birthday. Don't ask why, I don't really know. I wasn't abused on the day, no one I know has died on the day, but I just get sad. I don't mind getting older, I think it has to do with the expectations on your birthday. you are supposed to be happy. and pleased to be the center of attention. oddly enough, it is the one day of the year I don't like to be the center of attention.
2) I turn 30 in 2008. sometime in 2008. I am not telling you the date.
3) I once yelled at my mother for calling me on my birthday and wishing me happy birthday. everyone who knows the actual date is expressly forbidden to acknowledge it in any way.
4) Many others that I hang out with have gone on group trips to a destination for their 30th b-day. Like Loud went to San Fran, Gerald is going to Amsterdam.
5) 2008 is sort of a bad year to schedule a trip though... there are a squazillion weddings, many destination weddings and there are so many tickets to be bought and vacation days gobbled up.
6) every idea I had for my birthday seemed to small for the wonderfulness that is me.

So, how am I going to celebrate my 30th b-day?

I am going to shotgun 30 beers in 2008. You are welcome to join me if you like on one or as many as you can stomach. If you join me for at least one, then you have helped me celebrate!

We already got started. Future posts will catch you up with pictures and all.

2 comments:

loud said...

Didn't know that's how you spell squazillion...

Thomas said...

when is this chili cookoff? and can I be a judge?