Wednesday, January 9, 2008

first customer trip in a long time - Day 1

Last night –7pm, I am excited.

8pm – watching election results and doing work

11pm – finally make myself go to bed, I am still excited for tomorrow’s day on-site.

 

Today

6am – waking up isn’t as much fun

7am – breakfast at the new hotel is pretty good.

830am – we still haven’t started the session, why?

1030 – excitement ebbs

10:35 – thinking about freaking out and biting people on the face.

10:40 – spend 5 minutes diverting the attention of the group to the difference between discrete and discreet – ah, relief

1045 through 1200 – face biting tendencies resume

12:05 – finally! Lunch.

12:55 – sigh, time to return

1:10 – uh, still haven’t resumed session.

3:25 – minor freak out about PAT – not the androgynous SNL character, but rather surgery related.

3:29 – I actually sing (to the tune of Justin Timberlake’s Bringing Sexy Back) “I’m bringing PAT back” and do a little dance move in my chair.

3:30 – I bite my paper pile and declare that I have to leave the room immediately. But don’t get up. 

3:48 – discussion seems to be wrapping up – early reprieve?

3:50 – they force me to review yet another poorly constructed Microsoft Visio workflow document

4:15 – I raise my voice and tell them that they can’t have this development for go-live

4:45 – still sitting there while they tell me over and over about this development – I nearly concede but hold my ground.

4:50 – I turn off computer and stand up. The clinical staff have already departed.

5:55 – I sit in hotel lobby working on writing up issues from the day and plot which alcohol I will consume to dull the pain.

 

I heart my job. He he.

 

So sad, I actually do.

1 comment:

KittyWithClaws said...

Nah, not sad. Completely normal - cuz I know exactly what you mean.