Thursday, January 31, 2008

Friend of the Week

at work we have this thing called Friend of the Week - someone is the friend, they answer a bunch of get to know you questions and then pick where they are going for lunch and others come. I am this week's friend. The guy running it sent questions and I answered them. I think they are pretty funny.
1. So, how are you?
Overcaffeinated. All lights and colors are leaving little trails on my retinas.
2. So you are leaving for the OR application next week…what does that app have on our app?!
All the excitement of contact creation, but without any of that bothersome guarantor/coverage stuff to worry my pretty little head about. And the challenge of working with the people in the surgery department. Registration directors have nothing on surgery directors for sheer obstinacy.
3. What are you going to miss the most about our app?
Well, of course you. And Ken, and how he and I aren’t ever in the office at the same time. And Kristin, but she and I get to continue together with Premier.
4. What are you going to miss the most about TDS?
Hehe. I can’t answer this with a straight face.
5. Who is winning the Super Bowl?
After the Packer loss I felt like my soul was dented. I tried to pop it out with beer, but it didn’t work. I have now focused all of my energies on the new NASCAR season (COT is going to be even more important this season!). This is Jeff Gordon’s year, not that Jimmie Johnson winning makes me sad. One of my dogs is a diehard Jimmie fan.
6. Who is dreamier… Tom Brady or Peyton Manning?
Peyton Manning sort of looks like this dodgy guy that I once had living in my house, Big Head. He was a bit of a burden (funny stories there), so Tom. If he is good enough for Giselle, I guess he is good enough for me. – but, I would have to tell him that if we were going out on a date, not to wear all of the superbowl rings all at once (Patriots will win this year), it is tacky.
Also, don’t you think the question should be Eli Manning, since he is the one in the Superbowl? He is cute!
7. It’s Thursday, you don’t have to work today or tomorrow. Or Monday. Where are you?
I would get a head start on my trip to the Kank (it really is where I am going this weekend!). Kankakee, Illinois (named the worst city to live in the late 90s) is where my first job out of college was. I was a chemist at a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility. My friend Todd still lives there and a large group of people are going with me to tear up the Kank (think shady city, and us tooling around in a party bus on Sat night…. Silly).
8. It’s now Tuesday after your mini vacation…how do you feel?
Rearing to go. (I don’t know how to spell Raring, Rearing,?) my 630am customer call is a delight on Tuesdays.
9. (Buddy the Elf) What’s your favorite primary color?
(Shannon the Gnome) Orange.
10. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood? No lie, 5 typos trying to type that out, you try it!
A woodchuck would chuck all the woood that a woodchuck could chuck if a cwood chuck could chuck wood.
I left my typos in. not too shabby.
11. A train from New York leaves the station heading east at 80 mph. Another train leaves San Fransisco heading west at 90 mph. When and where do they meet? Do you want to be on these trains?
They meet in Young America, MN –my favorite city in demos (got it from Amanda) b/c the zip code is 55555. Never fails to get some excitement going in the crowd.



You may have noticed that the train question was a trick, but I justify as the government has been secretly developing trains that can fly so they fly around the entire world and still meet in MN.
Also, the guy called me out on Orange not being a primary color. I think that is sort of crap.

I am worried that no one will show up for lunch. or just the annoying guy on our team. sigh.

also, I wore the racy little red shoes to work today to get them ready for this weekend. problem is, they do look too racy with jeans... and I am walking a little weird in them. - I feel stupid.

4 comments:

11frogs said...

They will all come to lunch, if nothing else to wish fare-thee-well-and-don't-let-the-door-hit-you-in-the-ass-on-the-way-out. And I'm sure your shoes look lovely - which number are you wearing?

Lucia said...

number 2 from the original post.

loud said...

I also called you out on orange not being a primary color...well, in my head as I was reading.

Alex said...

Wow. So not missing E-Poc after reading that.