Sunday, May 20, 2007

Sunday Morning

I love the show Sunday Morning. It reminds me of my dad's house and Sunday mornings watching it in his kitchen.
My dad has a country house. the kitchen is probably the same sq footage as the living room and it has a TV/entertainment center, a huge 8 chair table, one wall of counters and doorways galore. opening off of the kitchen is the mud room to the backdoor/basement, what used to be the only bathroom, the bedroom that was mine as a kid, formerly the bedroom that was Jill's (read pink shag carpet), but has been converted to add to the master bedroom, and the hall way to the living room and other to bedrooms.

Why do I want Delores from across the street to die? It does seem harsh upon first reading.
Well, I must first tell you that I hadn't met any neighbors until last week. Then I met Cathy and her husband (I think his name was Steve) who live right behind me. They were nice and almost exactly the same age as my mother.
Then on Friday afternoon I was sitting on my front stairs putting on my gardening shoes and the woman in the green house pulled into her drive. She came over and had to sit down on my steps (as she explained, she has a heart condition). We chatted. By chatting I mean she would ask me a question, I would answer and then she would volunteer a well used segment of her life story. Also, she clearly wanted to memorize my info - she would make me repeat it back to her and she would repeat back to me. This didn't make me dislike her or anything, that isn't why I want her to die... it is for her house.
she is about 70 and she lives in her house alone. She designed the house herself (which I suppose could be great or bad...) and it is right across the street from mine. It has a great lot and looks very cool from the outside. I want my mother to move here and live next door (those people look old too), but across the street would be fine too.
so, that is why I want Dee to go. She doesn't have to die I suppose, just a bad fall.
that still sounds bad, doesn't it?

No comments: