Thursday, May 31, 2007

Overheating and Shut Down

I suspect that my computer is undergoing menopause.
First, I noticed (it was hard not to..) that my laptop was randomly shutting down. If you tried to restart it, it would give it a go and then it would just stop.
I noticed that this coincided with the laptop being so hot that the keyboard was too hot to put my fingers on.
huh.
Then, tonight, I suffered a burn on my thigh because it was touching the transformer on the power cord. This thing is ridiculous.

This has my seriously trying to figure out how to back up all of my materials from this computer. Something tells me that the harddrive can't withstand temperatures that my fingers can't handle.

But, then I am a bit worried that some of my not so legal on the work computer software isn't going to get to move along with me. maybe I can get them to give me a new computer before the great meltdown of 2007.

No comments: