Friday, April 25, 2008

the summary on my Madison.com RSS feed said this:



you can see why I had to click and read the entire article. It actually impressed me how confusing they made this paragraph... there is all sorts of chaos about!

The full story is worth checking out:
http://www.madison.com/tct/mad/topstories//index.php?ntid=283034

I have a lot of questions/comments/concerns/giggle-inducing-thoughts about this story:

1) are you surprised at the lack of journalistic quality in the article? Why are we including ridiculous comments from Helen about her dad dying and not even including the requisite: "Dane county sheriff's office refused to comment about an on-going investigation"?

2) Helen, come on now. We all know what a "glass of Dr. McGillicutty's" (pardon the spelling) is about lady! it is only 48 proof, but nevertheless, a glass of it is a bit more than a beer.

3) what is the deal with the "staggering man"? where is he now? was he drunk too?

4) I keep picturing the cow, car, airbag, man, helen situation. I drew a picture:


if you were wondering, the owl and squirrel are observiing and commenting on what idiots these people are.

2 comments:

loud said...

I realize she was distracted by the airbags hanging out of the car, but how do you miss A COW IN THE ROAD? Definate sign that you've had two too many.

wb said...

Have you read the comment board for this article? It's a hot tamale!

My favorite part is how she's quoted as saying "... after closing, I had one glass of Doctor to mellow out."

I really hope that's not a misquote because it could only have been better if she had called it "The Doctor".