Tuesday, April 22, 2008

podcast recommendations

I did this before here. And now Jobonga is asking for podcast recommendations. I am sort of an expert having 48 subscriptions. Here are mine:
Funny that 11 Frogs pointed out Radio Lab, I really like it.
for free fiction -the best is certainly the 7th Son trilogy by JC Hutchins. However, I also like Scott Sigler. Ancestor, Earthcore and Infection were really good free books.
I listen to the Cato Daily Podcast, but Jobonga, with your hatred for all things libertarian (well meaning jest, I assure you), you might not appreciate it.
I have some really cool college courses - GEO 10: World Regions, Peoples and States, and then also have History 132 (I may or may not have fallen in love with the professor on this one. In the last podcast he reveals a child... gnnnr)
I like Knit Picks, but this is best for falling asleep to.
I love PRI: Selected Shorts - less so: The New Yorker: Fiction
Ooo, a fun 10 min one is Oxford Biographies - people that have shaped all walks of British life.
The Thomas Jefferson hour - for when you find yourself wondering What Would Thomas Do?
Travel with Rick Steves
another cool fiction one is WrightTales: FairyTales for adults.

3 comments:

Jobonga said...

Thanks for sharing! Is FairyTales for Adults erotic? I could get into that. Also, I want to hear you pronounce gnnnr.

Alex said...

I wonder if there are any WWTJD bracelets to complement the podcast.

J.C. Hutchins said...

ROCK ON! Thanks so much for the endorsement of 7th Son! The Beta Clone Army shall grow....