Tuesday, September 11, 2007

How excited am I?

Football is back!!!! I love it! I got to watch the season opener between the Colts and the Saints, I got to see parts of the Bears game, and listened to the Packers on the radio.

Football is my favorite sport to watch.
My thoughts on other sports to watch:
  • Hockey/Soccer - not so much, the scoring happens so infrequently that the minute I get distracted it happens and I missed it.
  • Tennis - I enjoy, but it makes me jealous and I want to be out there playing instead of watching. Basketball - I just think that the season is too long. and, I find that you really only have to watch the last half.
  • NASCAR - this may be a surprise to you, but I really enjoy NASCAR. I can watch the entire race (often several hours), and I know what is going on. My favorite driver is Jeff Gordon (I understand the people don't like him and that a much more popular choice would be little E, and I would rather if you did not leave me any hate comments. thank you.)
  • Gymnastics/Ice Skating - who doesn't enjoy watching these? But, I think that you have to be in Olympics mode to really enjoy them. There is something weird about finding a gymnastics competition on ESPN on a random Sunday, you feel a bit creepy.
  • Golf/Bowling - I don't really get into these on TV.

While we are on this sports thing, I have to admit there are two things that I just don't get. One is fantasy football (and then by extension all of the new fantasy sports). The second is that arcade style game that is in bars Golden Tee. I have no idea what the draw is to that game. I have tried both, and neither took.

1 comment:

Alex said...

BBall wise, you talking NBA, or NCAA, because college ball is where it's at!