Thursday, July 17, 2008

blog catch up - spring has sprung dinner

had a dinner party - spring has sprung! this was back in Feb or March - I decorated with plants (including little plants for people to take home with them), a placemat that they could color on, and a voting sheet. This wasn't just an ordinary dinner - it was a competition!
rules - you had to make something for your assigned course. I was completely maxed out in people for my house, so there were two people per course. they had to agree on one wine selection that would go with both of their courses.
Then I had certificates for the winners.
the awards were for best tasting dish, best presentation, best food-wine pairing, and because Whitney looked so sad at the end we added the best overall.
Melissa won for best tasting and best presentation.
I won for best food-wine pairing - funny because Rick got the wine and it was supposed to go with his pork better than my lamb. even I could tell it went really well though...



I made lamb shanks braised with rosemary white beans. the beans didn't get done enough, but it was still tasty.
one of the funnier moments - after the party we cleaned up, and I noticed that Rick's placemat had made it onto the fridge... even after I threw them all away :)

3 comments:

Jobonga said...

Grown men coloring. Adorable.

Alex said...

Ahhh. The Whitdawg sans 'stache.

wb said...

Thank you for indulging my overbearing competitiveness.