Monday, May 5, 2008

odd things to hear in the airport

Sure, in this new world of Bluetooth headsets it is uncommon to catch someone’s conversation inadvertently. I can’t help it, if you scream something as I walk by and no one else is within 5 yards of us, I take it personal.

Anyhow – an odd thing I heard on Friday: the word hubris used. Correctly. Twice.

Odd.

 

The lady next to me on the plane Friday was reading a Bobby Flay cookbook.

Number 1, I have never seen anyone read a cookbook on a plane before.

Number 2, she has a LOT of perfume on. Of course this is far superior to the large man with BO problem, but still.

Number 3, one of my man picks for the island is Anthony Bourdain and he HATES Bobby Flay. I sort of like Bobby Flay, but of course I will side with my man Anthony. This isn’t because he is a man and I am not. Nor is it because we are on an island and we shouldn’t argue. Sometimes we will need angry sex on the island to change it up, so arguments are good. I just assume that since both are in the culinary world they must have met and he must know something I don’t.

 

Other random thoughts that I might as well put into this post. 

I can spend all of my “do-er-ness” in a two day binge and then be task-light for the next two days. I should spread it out a bit. Of course, now that I have put this in writing I will have a monstrous amount of work dumped on me and I will never have a light day again.

 

1 comment:

Papa Bear said...

Sometimes I really like catching bits of phone conversations. One of my all time favorites being a very harried girl saying "I would have caught the bus if it weren't for the stupid hamsters!" right before breaking into tears.