Saturday, April 28, 2007

Morning of the race

It goes with the theme of the blog- this morning I am going to run Crazylegs - an 8K run through downtown Madison ending in the UW football stadium.
I have to be honest. Monday I was going to drop out or switch to the 2 mile walk. Then I did a training run and although I really only planned on doing 2 or 3 miles, I ran all 5 and felt great.
I was revitalized. I can do this!

Then yesterday I had to go get my packet for the race. Fear gripped me. Doubts reentered my mind.

This morning I woke up and my right ankle (not the one that was most recently broken) is stiff. I am so nervous.

But you know what? I am going to do this.
I will do it more slowly than any of my friends.
I will do it more slowly than most of the people in the race.
Shoot, I could come in dead last, it doesn't matter. I will finish.

after that motivational little speech, I still feel like crying. sigh.

No comments: