Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Vacation - the hardships

Vacation (particularly one over a week long, out of the country and with a big group of friends) is hard.
1) hard to plan - I have spent quite a bit of my personal time reviewing every apartment for rent in Barcelona's Gothic District, Born and Ravel areas - comparing for number of bedrooms, bathrooms, beds, and location. - I also been blessed with some sort of sixth sense of apartments that someone else is simultaneously booking and cursed with a delay of a couple minutes so I always seem to lose this race.
2) hard to coordinate - I have been thinking about all the people coming, going, dates, boats, ferries, flights and checkin/checkout times and despite the best efforts in google docs I am still a bit confused. plus, let's be honest, the entire point of other countries' timetables is a general best guess and they never really abide by them... why am I so stressed out about it, what will be will be.
3) hard to prep for - do I have to tell you how many hours I spent picking out new swimsuits on-line. jeez. and then I had to send many of them back. one because the leg holes were too small. is that a thing? I didn't think so before, but now I will check for leg hole dimensions.
4) hard to not already be gone - I have 8 more days in the office and then 5 more days at a customer site before I leave. but honestly, I have done such a good job of setting up backups for the 6 weeks I will be out that I could already be gone. but I am not. I am fighting to keep engaged and keep finishing stuff up. I want a task list of ZERO items when I leave. that is hard and a little ridiculous, but hey, even if I have to declare task list bankrupcy I am ready.

and then there is the fear of the vacation actually being over. I am so worried that it is going to be over too quickly... I don't want it to be over!

2 comments:

loud said...

It's gonna be AWESOME!!!!! We are done reserving shit! YEAH!

KittyWithClaws said...

I'm not sure I can work up much sympathy here :P