Monday, September 29, 2008

another way to avoid working

I woke up this morning not wanting to work. usually this can be cured by large quantities of coffee. not today. sometimes I can fix it by making a list and checking things off. not today.
sometimes I can turn on some music and I really get into a groove. not today.
sometimes that is just how it is.

I think that this is because I leave for vacation tomorrow afternoon.

unfortunately I leave for vacation tomorrow evening and I have some shit to get done!!!
my vacation is probably going to be interrupted by a big monthly report and setting up some phone calls on Thursday. gnnrr.

I have included a picture of myself that I took on another one of those work days when I really didn't want to do anything.

why must I have these days?

which bring up another question - if you were an animal, what animal would you be? you should ask others, we aren't all eagles and lions... I am probably a beaver. (dirty jokes aren't welcome here).

think about it - beavers are known to be:
- industrious
- social
- a keystone species
- fun to be with

other things about beavers from the internet that I think apply:
Wildlife rehabilitators find beavers to be gentle, reasoning beings who enjoy playing practical jokes. An Indian word for "beaver-like" also means "affable."

While other wildlife endure wintertime cold and hunger, beavers stay warm in their lodges with an underwater food cache of branches nearby.

so, what animal would you be?

5 comments:

Jobonga said...

Oh, I would be a sloth.

loud said...

I would like to be a cat. I'm probably a laughing hyena

11frogs said...

Also would like to be a cat. Am probably a squirrel, similar to the beaver but possibly more high-strung and likely to be run over by a truck.

2.718 said...

What a fabulous self portrait!

mamaof3girls said...

I agree with 2.718! First thing I noticed was that is an awesome pic!